Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hello everyone!

It's been a long time since I've written on here. The reason is my dad said that I write too much and he's fed up of reading it! Can you believe that??? You bastards! You're probably agreeing with him lol!

Well, I'm just lying in bed in Florida the night before the night before the big race...the 70.3 World Championships. Am I nervous? Not yet. I've actually felt pretty relaxed. The travel here started off well...that was until my girlfriend borrowed my phone and then left it in the car. I asked for it as we're about to board the plane and she replied "Oh...umm, have I got it?" Not a good sign. So I have no way of contacting anyone at all whilst I'm here. But oh well, time to focus on the race!

Today I just chilled out with the girlfriend and by chance bumped into my good mate Leon Griffin and his misses. So we went for coffee and cookies. Nice. He looks fit at the moment which is good. Looks like the Aussie training is working.
As for me. I feel pretty good too. I have been swimming well and cycling well. Unfortunately its the same story about the run. I have been desperately trying to get this injury in my soleus sorted in time to get run fit for this race. I have now just been able to run for four weeks and have managed to get up to an hour every other day. It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing. To be honest, it's the last race of the season, and racing well next year is where my career can be defined. So I'm just convincing myself that I am super fresh lol!

Anyway, I don't want to keep you awake reading this for too long...my Dad has his wish, I'll keep these posts short from now on lol! I'll write again after the race and let you know how it goes!

See you soon

Hadmeister

1 comment:

Finangers said...

Great to see you out on the course Hadley...sorry we didn't manage to catch up afterwards.

You looked great out there...just think of the time savings if you hadn't been wearing all your bling bling.

I'd like to think you'd be in the mix if you stayed healthy for an entire season.

See you around.

Post a Comment